[uf-dev] impact of new vCard on hCard

Guillaume Lebleu guillaume at lebleu.org
Wed Jun 25 13:13:47 PDT 2008

I noticed that the latest vCard draft specification [1] requires the
content of the TEL property to be of type URI with tel scheme.

Operator supports this and hCard allows it, but if I understand
correctly, that would mean that an hCard compliant with this new spec
would require the phone number to always be represented with an HTML anchor:

<a class="tel" href="tel:+14154075856">+1 (415) 407 5856</a>

Thoughts? should I add this to hCard issues on the wiki?

Guillaume

---

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-02.txt

Excerpt:

7.4.1.  TEL

  Purpose:  To specify the telephone number for telephony communication
     with the object the vCard represents.

  Value type:  A single URI value.  It is expected that the URI scheme
     will be "tel", as specified in [RFC3966], but other schemes MAY be
     used.