[uf-dev] Online version for Thunderbird Users

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:33:11 PDT 2008

On 9/25/08, Dave Klein <dave.klein at uas.alaska.edu> wrote:
>  Many of our users are Staff and use Thunderbird. Is there an online feed
> service much like Technorati only that it takes HARD info and converts to
> .ldif, .csv or .txt?
>
>  Thanks for any advice on how this might be accomplished and solutions
> others have found.

--- not that i know of, but it would not be difficult to build.
http://hg.microformats.org/ is the repository for all the files.
It would be easy to modify
http://hg.microformats.org/x2v?f=3277ce8ed4cc;file=hcard/xhtml2vcard.xsl;style=gitweb
to output any text-based format, you'd just need a consistent way to
do it. What does vcard in .csv look like? what is the order of the
properties?

If you can make some sample outputs, it would be easy to work through
getting a new XSLT made to convert the HTML -> ??? format.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk