[microformats-discuss] Re: Blog post format challenge and introduction

David Wiley david.wiley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:56:53 PDT 2005

Coming out of the woodwork to introduce myself and chip in.

David Wiley, professor of instructional technology, founder or
OpenContent, and lead on the eduCommons project none of you will know
about -- a customized plone-based cms for running OpenCourseWare
projects like MIT OCW (http://ocw.mit.edu/). Did my dissertation work
on what we calling "learning objects," discrete, reusable chunks of
educational material meant to be used and reused. I've been anxiously
following the microformats conversation in lurk mode because of the
obvious overlap.

I believe my blog meets all of Tantek's criteria below -
http://opencontent.org/blog/ - I'm using Wordpress and had almost no
work to do at all. The one annoying thing was the way categories were
labeled rel="category tag". I've since fixed so that now rel="tag".

As we keep going, I'll be happy to throw my Wordpress hacks on the
table for anyone who's interested.