[uf-discuss] is there microformat / uri scheme for referncing book parts (content)? (Bible ref's)

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:06:24 PST 2005

I know what you are asking for, but there is a bigger problem with
Biblical text. It is NOT well formed[1]. You can not make an XML
representation of a bible verse. There are references that span two
paragraphs, therefore it is not possible todo something like:

This is not well-formed, but very common.

That said, there is a citation format in the works[2], this will allow
for the ability to cite page, etc. Bible chapter, paragraph, verse were
not in the original idea, but could make there way in depending on other
formats.

Have you looked into how other formats, Dublin Core, etc. handle this?
or can/do they?

-brian

[1] -
http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xmle02/dx_xmle02/papers/03-03-07/03-03-07.html