[uf-discuss] rel="homepage"?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:08:17 PST 2005

Hello,

On 12/6/05, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering whether there was a link rel value or similar already
> defined for pointing from e.g. a blog archive post to the blog main
> page.

I'd say probably rel-author.  (It's what I used on my blog.)  Works
with the idea of URL's being proxies for people.

> The use case I have is just that - I can grab an archived page,
> express the data in the RDF model, but without some reference being
> available from the archive to the homepage a lot of potentially useful
> info is unavailable.

Yeah, I came to similar issues when dealing with trust metrics.  I
also use rev-author to say that "I wrote that" (... if that helps).
That way you get these pages (semantically) pointing to each other.

See ya

> e.g. foaf:weblog is inverse-functional, so having the blog homepage
> means you can identify the person behind the archived post.
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.
>
> --
>
> http://dannyayers.com