[uf-discuss] How to Announce the Availability of New Media Content with uf?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Mon Dec 12 07:17:10 PST 2005

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure exactly what problem you're trying to solve, but it
sounds like what you really want is a "ping server" (or a few) that
people can, well, "ping" to announce availability of new content.
There's scalability issues, but as far as I can tell that's the only
way to generate any sort of meaningful "announce" postings.

-- Ernie P.