[uf-discuss] hAtom draft - utility of feeds

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:57:58 PST 2005

On 12/28/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> Although not covered explicitly in the examples, my latest thought is to
> allow a Feed element to be embedded in an Entry element. Why? To model a
> comment feed, which obviously is blog like content.

I plan to implement it in feedparser.py when it's done, so I am
intensely interested in a few crucial design decisions.  You've been
doing pretty well with hAtom so far, so I've stayed
uncharacteristically quiet.  But now you're just making shit up, and
that's dangerous.

hAtom is a derivative format, like hCard is derivative of vCard.  The
Atom format has been endlessly argued and finally codified and RFC'd.
Now you're trying to find an elegant way to backport it to HTML, which
I fully support.  But please resist the temptation to invent new
things.

The Atom community already had this particular argument; nested feeds lost.

--
Cheers,
-Mark