[microformats-discuss] Carl Beeth raises an interesting point

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 14:34:08 PDT 2005

On 7/8/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> I'd also say this might be a better discussion for the microformats-dev
> list, but that would require that there be one or more specific
> implementations that we would be able to try out and use to understand the
> problem.
>
> Carl, Bud, do you have an implementation that we can try out to actually see
> the problem?

Check out http://reblg.com/hrouter.  Given that that app gets a hint
about what the content type is, it can immediately route an incoming
item to a handler appropriate to the type, which is pretty useful.
Without the type hint, though, it needs to fetch the resource and
figure out what kind of thing it is.  There are two problems with that
-- it increases the complexity and overhead of the application quite a
lot, and it violates javascript security restrictions.

- Lucas