[microformats-discuss] personal intro

Mark Rickerby coretxt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:00:25 PDT 2005

Hi list...
I'm new here, and thought I'd just drop a quick wot-up and introduction...

I'm Mark Rickerby, an information designer and web developer based in
Wellington New Zealand... I'm currently studying logic and computation
at Victoria University, and working part time at the design studio
Shift [1], as well as occasionally contributing to various open source
projects. I'm mostly known in these parts for my typographic and CSS
contributions to Te Ara in 2003 [2], I also write stuff occasionally
[3].

I joined this list, because I have been recently considering various
microformat possibilities in relation to some large scale information
projects on the horizon in NZ at the moment. Also because my work with
HTML and CSS often leads to common structures that feel like they
should be reused, so I'm eager to learn more about the rationale and
philosophy behind microformats, and see what is out there and working
already, without trying to reinvent the wheel (a bad tendency of
mine)...

Anyway, the interest and investment in microformats that I have seen
so far is extremely encouraging, and I just wanted to say thanks to
everyone here for putting microformats.org together.

Regards,
Mark

[1] http://www.shift.co.nz
[2] http://www.teara.govt.nz