[microformats-discuss] Developer Adoption

Carl Beeth carl.beeth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:17:20 PDT 2005

> My question would be, will there ever be much of an advantage to the user
> to utilize a scraping tool over .ics files?
The fact that the event is embedded in the HTML page allows the
user-agent to do cool stuff with the data. If it is a link to a iCal
file the only thing he can do is hand it over to the OS.

Remember that you already have the human readable html version and
only have to make tiny changes to make that one machine readable.

> it should be up to developers to deliver the
> content to them in tools they already have.
I agree but it is not a question of either or, you can offer both.