[microformats-discuss] Developer Adoption

Josh Owens joshua.owens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:44:12 PDT 2005

Josh,

My question would be, will there ever be much of an advantage to the user to
utilize a scraping tool over .ics files? All the calendar clients inherintly
support iCal, not to mention the fact that you could use Brian's x2v tool to
output an iCal file. I don't think it should be up to the user to utilize
the scraping tool, it should be up to developers to deliver the content to
them in tools they already have. I recently had a discussion with Brian Deer
of evdb.com <http://evdb.com> and we discussed this very thing, why force
the user to switch/add tools? It just doesn't make sense to me.

--Josh