[microformats-discuss] reblogging needs proper citation, source attribution, as does localization/translation

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Jul 14 16:35:30 PDT 2005

On Jul 14, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Eran wrote:
>>> I've been thinking about a similar scenario lately. We're somewhat
>>> stuck
>>> with regards to copyright and license information. Wide adoption of
>>> rel=License would definitely be a big help in this case.
>>>
>> Maybe some
>>
>>> work
>>> on HTMLizing CC's RDF based format?
>>
>> uh. rel-license?
>
> Yep that's what I meant with rel=license.

> I'd love to see more people using it so I don't have to scrape
> license info.

License info? I think its been used by more people than you'd expect-
it comes built into the code snippet that CC provides.

> That's only the start
> though,

Isn't everything?

> we need a format for the license itself, I don't think
> rel-license deal with that.

No, it doesn't deal with that. Is not having a machine-readable
license a problem?

I mean, CC's RDF is a machine readable license, but Yahoo decided to
ignore it in favor of just using rel-license.

-ryan