[microformats-discuss] Microformat for blog-searchand characterizing

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:46:41 PDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Björn Seibert <bjoernseibert at gmx.de> wrote:
> ok, I'll review it and add the changes you submitted. Thank you. That
> makes sense. I'll post the changed listing again for further discussion.

This is a very interesting development for me and very well-timed. A
few months ago, I needed to begin adding metadata to other's blogs via
a WordPress plugin. I knew this would be temporary but I needed
something right away so I used something like this:

Andy Skelton.' />

I suggest using a discreet element, perhaps <span
class="sitename">Doodz-R-Uz</span> that could be within or without the
"bookmark" anchor, to indicate the site name. "Generator" would be
optional. We might also define "founded" and "updated" dates as
optional.

Andy Skelton

http://www.skeltoac.com
http://blogsoftheday.com