[microformats-discuss] question regarding MF enclosing attributes

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Thu Jul 21 13:51:44 PDT 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 16:36, Ryan King wrote:

> Yes. It is a desirable practice, and has always been the plan. And
> I thought we'd covered this issue already?

Indeed, I knew it was an issue that was raised.  What was unclear to
me was any decision about the mechanism that one would use.  Further,
since other microformats (e.g., hCard) do not necessarily use this
mechanism, it was unclear that it was one to strive for.

Ryan, not trying to be difficult, just asking for a clarification.
Lighten up.

> Other microformats will have profile urls, but only once they are
> solid enough to be standardized.
>

>> A very practical motivation for this question is that I am in the
>> process of embedding xFolk in an RSS 2.0 feed and would like a
>> compact representation to indicate the microformat is in use and
>> where information about it can be found.
>>

> As xFolk becomes a standard (ie, calsified), it will need to have a
> profile URL.

xfolk has a profile URL and has had one from the outset.  I'm now
using the one on the wiki.  It has a version and everything.