[microformats-discuss] International date formats

Sam Deane lists at elegantchaos.com
Tue Jul 26 03:44:00 PDT 2005

On 26 Jul 2005, at 09:31, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> I'd just like to see this argument pushed up stream, because I
> think it has
> a decent chance, and would benefit many others.

Talking about pushing things up stream, it seems to me that a date is
such a fundamental thing, and the display of it as text is so
location (and user-preference) specific, that there really ought to
be a standard way of representing it in HTML/XHTML which _requires_
the browser to render the date in the user's local format.

One shouldn't need to resort to javascript and tool tips!