[microformats-discuss] personal intro

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Tue Jul 26 11:37:49 PDT 2005

I've just realised I have never sent an intro to this list. I'm Kevin
Marks, Principal Engineer at Technorati, and involved in microformats
since before they had a name.
The main thing I work on at Technorati is making sense of data on the
web through our spiders, so Microformats are a great fit for that.
Before joining Technorati, I spent 6 years working in QuickTime
Engineering at Apple, and 8 years before that on New media development
in England, so I know lots about the rich media side.

I am also co-chair (with Stewart Butterfield of Flickr) of Tag Tuesday,
a monthly gathering of Tagging Implementers in San Francisco - we meet
tonight at Varnish Gallery at 6.30pm. See http://tagtuesday.com for
details (and 'hevent').

I wrote a post on Corante yesterday about how tags and other
microformats complement each other, which you might find interesting:

http://www.corante.com/getreal/archives/2005/07/26/
kevin_marks_on_tag_decentralization.php