[microformats-discuss] A 10 line script to identify and processany microformat

Eran limbo at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 29 11:13:29 PDT 2005

> The main point then is - what do you want to do with this data once
> you have extracted and processed it? POSTing it to a remote
> server is
> one idea, but then you could do the processing on the server anyway.
> I haven't really though of anything useful yet :-)
>
> alf.

In the browser, what I'd love to see right now is a library that can:
1. test for existence of microcontent.
2. get the actual raw data.
3. be able to apply any transformation to that piece of XHTML.
4. allow slight modifications to the XHTML source of the microcontent
(as in adding a badge or link).
5. provide objects populated with the data.

Once you have that, anyone can jump in and do whatever they can think
about without having to re-write all this utility code that should be
shared and re-used.

Eran.