[uf-discuss] generic microformat parsing heuristics?

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:52:07 PST 2005

To build a generic microformat parse, you would first need to build a
generic XMDP parser. Before you can parse the XHTML and find property
names, you need to get what and where to look, from the XMDP. I started
to work on a universal XMDP parser, but ran into problems. This is an
old discussion from the list[1,2]. If you have further specific
questions, look through the archives and if it is not there, then post a
message. I know there is a formula to encode RDF in XHTML that uses a
slightly different style than microformats way to find and encode data.

-brian

[1] -
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2005-August/000729.html
[2] -