[uf-discuss] Microformat idea: store hours

Paul Schreiber shrub at mac.com
Fri Nov 11 11:47:07 PST 2005

I mentioned this to Tantek a few weeks ago, and he said I should
email the list.

One type of structured data I would like to see on the web is store
hours. It would be really nice if I could go to a web site and find
out easily, and in a standard manner, what the hours of operation are
for that business.

My first thought is that there is a lot of overlap with the vcalendar
microformat.

My second thought is that there are a lot of contingencies/edge
cases. For example:
* what about a web site for a chain of stores, each with different
hours?
* what about a Target with one set of hours for the main store and
one set for the pharmacy?
* what about exceptions, like holidays?
* what about stores with different sets of seasonal hours?

I'm sure the list has more ideas on this topic, and I'd love to hear
them.

Paul

          shad 96c / uw cs 2001
        / mac activist / fumbler / eda / headliner / navy-souper
fan of / sophie b. / steve poltz / habs / bills / 49ers /

"Photons have neither morals or visas." -- Dave Farber