[uf-discuss] xdmp profiles not enough for parsing?

Phil Dawes phil at phildawes.net
Tue Nov 15 08:05:49 PST 2005

Hi Microformats list,

When coding up my python microformats parser, one of the problems I
encountered was getting the parser to interpret the structure correctly
(see [1]). In order to overcome this my parser currently hardcodes the
elements that can have sub-elements in an internal data structure.
(e.g. for hCard: 'adr', 'geo' and 'n' can have subelements).

I've just noticed that xdmp profiles don't carry this information, and
was wondering if this scuppers the general idea of parsing microformats
from their profiles?
(or am I missing something)

Cheers,

Phil