[uf-discuss] xdmp profiles not enough for parsing?

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Wed Nov 16 05:35:48 PST 2005

Le 2005-11-15 à 11:05, Phil Dawes a écrit :
> When coding up my python microformats parser, one of the problems I
> encountered was getting the parser to interpret the structure
> correctly (see [1]). In order to overcome this my parser currently
> hardcodes the elements that can have sub-elements in an internal
> data structure.
> (e.g. for hCard: 'adr', 'geo' and 'n' can have subelements).
>
> I've just noticed that xdmp profiles don't carry this information,
> and was wondering if this scuppers the general idea of parsing
> microformats from their profiles?
> (or am I missing something)

I have no specific answer to your questions, but I know some people
who have worked on GRDDL tried also to extract part of the
information of the profiles. You *may* find information on this side.

[[[
Implementations

As of April 1st 2005, five partial or full implementations of GRDDL
have been announced:

     * an XSLT-based on-line demonstrator, developed by the author,
implements all the transformation mechanisms described in the
specification, but without real error handling; this implementation
is only available as a Web interface.
     * glean.py, a Python implementation by Dan Connolly (co-author
of the GRDDL specification) which also implements all the mechanisms
as a command line tool.
     * garner.py, another Python implementation by Sean Palmer,
available both as command line and as Web service
     * a PHP implementation for RAP, the Semantic Web toolkit for
PHP, implementing at this time the XHTML-mechanisms only
     * Dave Beckett's GRDDL parser implemented in C as part of
raptor, also available through a Web interface

The diversity of implementations and their number at this stage of
development of the specification is a positive sign of the interest
in the technology among the Semantic Web community; hopefully this
number should grow even larger, and GRDDL could become a basic part
of any RDF toolkit.
]]]

-- Bridging XHTML, XML and RDF with GRDDL
http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/2005/xtech-grddl.html#id2458260
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:42:33 GMT

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***