[uf-discuss] tty

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Nov 17 05:10:36 PST 2005

Steve Robillard wrote:

> Like IM and some newer technology there is no type that matches
> tty. What is the preferred method for including this. Lack of this
> type severely limits my ability to use vcard since I work with
> disability service providers.

 From the vCard spec [1]:

"The profile permits the use of non-standard types (i.e., those
identified with the prefix string "X-") as a flexible method for
implementations to extend the functionality currently defined within
this profile."

Apple uses X-AIM for AIM addresses in Address Book vCards.  I would
think x-tty would be the most obvious class name.

Peace,
Scott

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2426.txt