[uf-discuss] blog quotes - markup pattern? microformat? discuss!

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Tue Nov 22 12:40:07 PST 2005

Le 05-11-21 à 22:50, Tantek Çelik a écrit :
> I've started this page to document various examples and "best
> practices".
> Please feel free to offer yours, or improve upon what you see there.
>
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/blog-quote-examples

btw as a friendlier tool to edit quotes, I have modified a bit the
tool developed originally by DanC

http://www.w3.org/2000/08/eb58

The HTML one, creates a window with the markup ready to cut and paste
so the user doesn't have to type.

I will be happy to modify or add a version when we have “defined” a
format.

I wonder on the same line of thoughts, what is the current state of
art of quote in Weblogs software (Movable type, DotClear, etc.) How
do they implement it if they do.

For example, NetNewsWire has a feature called "Copy HTML with
attribution". But the Code source which is given is not very HTML-
Semantics. Maybe we could help Brent Simmons for this, like could you
add a new feature.

##################################
Piggy-Bank 2.1</a><br />
Libraries, and MIT CSAIL has announced the availability of a new
major release of Piggy Bank. Piggy Bank is an extension to the
Firefox web browser that turns it into Semantic Web application
making it easier to manage, organize and share RDF data. Built
around its Longwell faceted browser engine, the new Piggy Bank
release features greatly improved stability, usability, performance
and integration of third-party services (e.g. Google Maps).</p>

[<a href="http://planetrdf.com/">Planet RDF</a>]
##################################

Or NetNewsWire has the necessary vocabulary to create an applescript
to do it correctly, but we need first the form for the blockquote.
http://ranchero.com/netnewswire/developers/scripting.php

# Applescript Vocabulary excerpt for NetNewsWire

headline n [inh. item] : A single item from a feed.
elements
	contained by subscriptions.
properties
	creator (Unicode text, r/o) : The creator of this headline.
	date published (date, r/o) : The date this headline was published.
	description (Unicode text, r/o) : The description (body) of the
headline.
appears in the feed.
	title (Unicode text, r/o) : The title of the headline.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***