[uf-discuss] communications log marked up semantically using uF's.

Simon Kittle si at kittle.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 10:16:38 PST 2005

That's a good question - the reason I did it like that (and I'm open to
correction) is that in the sort of data I'm trying to represent you often
won't have a vCard - it's optional.  You'll just have a number that was the
start point of the event.  It maybe you then end up needing to add a vcard
for general notes and further info on the call "event", as it were, but as
well as many times this not being available, many times also the vCard won't
belong to the number that is being logged.  (You call voicemail and take
some notes, including point of contact with tel - but it's the voicemail
number that was the originating call - or you call one place get
transferred, etc, etc).

Is it legal to have vcards without names?  And even is so, I thought perhaps
it was overkill to have a vcard that many times will just be a phone number
especially then when you have another vcard for the point of contact.

- Simon