[uf-discuss] XOXO/Attention blogroll scraper?

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Nov 29 14:07:12 PST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 5:00 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> On 11/27/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>
>>> But there is another source of broadly attention-like subscription
>>> lists, people's blogrolls. As and when the blogging tools start
>>> supporting microformats directly, these should be available as XOXO.
>>
>> Already done for wordpress.
>
> Sorry Ryan, Google seems ignorant - got a link?

I take that back. The default WP template used to have class="xoxo
blogroll", but now it appears to be just "blogroll".

>> Another thought:
>>
>> We could create a XOXO -> OPML gateway. This would allow us to
>> publish data in XOXO (or attention.xml), but still use the "legacy"
>> tools, which only support OPML.
>
> Yep, sounds good (aside from the issue of what the OPML is meant to
> look like...)
>
> I'll try Google again for xoxo2opml.xsl and opml2xoxo.xsl ...

Due to the wonder that is LazyWeb (and non-lazy friends), there's
some work already: hellonline.com/test/toopml.cgi?src=http://
hellonline.com/blog/. Not ready for the real world yet, but promising.

-ryan
--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com