[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Dr.Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Wed Oct 5 04:42:35 PDT 2005

Hi Danny,

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:53 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:
> So although the slogans may be helpful for adoption, I'd suggest
> caution in assuming that things will work in the general case,
> whatever success there has been with specific cases.

A very valid point.  However, I'm not sure we really understand the
"general case" well enough to even answer that question.

After all, in a certain sense URLs don't work in the "general case"
-- but that's why they actually work in real life.

 From my perspective, the real lesson is to always be aware of second-
order legacy effects, and keep track of your boundary assumptions.
That seems the best we can humanly do without, as they say, "trying
to boil the ocean." :-)