[microformats-discuss] STRUM: Scripts, REST & Microformats

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:52:57 PDT 2005

On 10/7/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've had a very interesting week here at Web 2.0.   Last night at
> the Microformats BOF I introduced a new technology I call STRUM:
>
> http://www.opendarwin.org/~drernie/C395201355/E20051006235324/index.html

Looks very interesting, but it really does need the presenter along
with the slides ;-)

I love: "The 0.8% solution for ad hoc web services."

What would be very helpful with grokking the idea would be examples of
the kind of messages that go over the wire. Something like the
descriptions MarkP uses here:

http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2003/10/15/dive.html

(note the Atom API 2003 bears little relation to the Atom Publishing
Protocol 2005)

One thing that looked potentially worrying was:

http[s]://host/.STRUM/com.resolver.uri/name

Is that a "well-known location"? (I had a quick search for the TAG
issue, where TimBL mentions this sort of thing breaking the Web, but I
gave up when I found:
http://adactio.com/extras/talklikeapirate/translate.php?filename=http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
)

Another thing that isn't clear - how are HTTP methods other than GET &
POST handled?

Cheers,
Danny.

--