[microformats-discuss] Wiki suggestions

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon Oct 10 13:40:22 PDT 2005

On Oct 7, 2005, at 3:14 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:

> A few suggestions for the Wiki. These are administrator level type
> things:
>
> (1)
> there should be a link on the main page [1] that points to the real
> microformat list/wiki main page [2] instead of/in addition to the
> "what are microformats" page [3]

Already there in the top bar.

> (2)
> Require login to make changes. This is not because I'm an evil soul
> crushing controlling b*stard, but because it makes it easier to see
> who's doing what!

Already done, due to the attack we had on Saturday. Currently only
admins (which would be me and Tantek) can even create accounts. This
will likely change.

> (3)
> The navigation section of the Wiki (the upper left hand corner)
> should point to the microformats main page [1] and possibly the
> discussion archives [4]. The archives give use URIs from which we
> can reference in the Wiki for debate purposes

I'm looking into how to do this. I've afraid its going to require
template-hacking. I'm open to suggestions if anyone else knows
MediaWiki better.

> (4)
> This is a slightly different topic, but I don't see anything in the
> process [5] to move microformats out of the Draft stage. In
> particular, I'm thinking about 'xfolk' [6] here, but you know, in
> general.

Good point. In general, there's several ways to move out- the general
idea being that we want to get the spec to a stable (as in, not going
to change) state.

You can propose the format to a standards body. Standards bodies have
some advantages, but they certainly won't be right in all cases.

-ryan