[microformats-discuss] abbr-design-pattern

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Oct 10 14:30:25 PDT 2005

Got it. I'll use this argument to fill in the page a little more later on.

However, let me toss out the argument here that ABBR does not hide data
-- it's available as a mouseover popup. Furthermore, the use of ABBR for
exanding simple presentation forms is entirely with the spirit and
letter of the HTML spec [1] for ABBR to do the (2) form below.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-ABBR