[microformats-discuss] FYI: Boyd on Microformats and Structured Blogging

Craig Ogg craig.ogg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:26:51 PDT 2005

In that same article, Stowe Boyd says,  "Turns out I just had a
conceptual problem: I was thinking that dtend worked differently. If
an event is intended to run on 15 Nov, without a tipulated hour of
ending, then you should encode dtend as 16 Nov!)"

If he is correct, this seems to me to be a violation of the "human
first, computers second" principle.  In fact, it appears that the
example on the wiki:

>  <a class="url" href="http://www.web2con.com/">
>   <abbr class="dtstart" title="2005-10-05">October 5</abbr>-
>   <abbr class="dtend" title="2005-10-07">7</abbr>,
>  at the <span class="location">Argent Hotel, San Francisco, CA</span>
>  </a>
>
>  which could be displayed as:
>
>  Web 2.0 Conference: October 5-7, at the Argent Hotel, San Francisco, CA

Is wrong.  This would represent a conference that was October 5-6.

Am I missing something or is there a disconnect here?

Craig