[microformats-discuss] FYI: Boyd on Microformats and Structured Blogging

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 10 17:54:28 PDT 2005

On 10/10/05 5:00 PM, "Kevin Marks" <kmarks at technorati.com> wrote:

> Well, we weren't working for the same company when we started -

Kevin this is an *excellent* point.  Thanks for the reminder.

> XFN,

Was invented by myself when I worked at Microsoft, Eric Meyer of Complex
Spiral consulting, and Matt Mullenweg of Wordpress fame.

None of them Technorati (at the time).

> Votelinks

Didn't the concept come from you and David Sifry, and then I simply
suggested using the rel (now rev) attribute in order to make it valid?

> and XOXO

Kevin, myself (again, while I was at Microsoft), Mark Pilgrim (IBM), and
Morten W. Petersen (independent).

> all predate us working here... and Mark Pilgrim
> still isn't ;)

Right.

rel-license as well was proposed back then when I had yet to start working
at Technorati.

So I suppose people could drum up a conspiracy theory about Microsoft and
Technorati working on open standards...

Tantek