[uf-discuss] rel-xxx proposal

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Oct 26 14:33:46 PDT 2005

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> I guess to say it more accurately, I'm trying to have a way as marking
> something as being pornographic.  It's a much smaller problem than
> trying to marking something as being "NSFW".

While your problem might be very specific, pornographic content is
only one subset of potential offense one might wish to know about in
advance of following a link.  Websites offering gambling, alcohol or
tobacco can only sell to people of a certain age, so it would
probably be useful to know if a link is heading to such a site before
following it.  Other websites have material that is gruesome,
violent, or contains offensive language.  All of these could probably
be handled with the same structure.  Rating systems for video games,
movies, TV, music, etc. would probably be useful to consider.

Peace,
Scott