[uf-discuss] rel-xxx proposal

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:01:41 PDT 2005

Hello,

On 10/26/05, Luke Arno <luke.arno at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 10/26/05, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > That's one use case for this.  But not the only one.  Marking
> > > something as "NSFW" does not really tell you that little kids should
> > > NOT be exposed to it.
> >
> > I guess to say it more accurately, I'm trying to have a way as marking
> > something as being pornographic.  It's a much smaller problem than
> > trying to marking something as being "NSFW".
> >
> > (This decision to mark something as being pornographic is a cultural
> > and personal decision.)
> >

> Should it be rated: xxx1, xxx2, xxx3? (seriously)
>
> Or more fine grained: xxx-footfetish? (LOL -1/4 serious)
>
> I know this could be very useful but I just can't
> help having a laugh :)

Those interested in pornographic material would likely find this kind
of information useful.  (So they could "crop out" the stuff they don't
like.  And more easily find the stuff they do like.)  However, I
wasn't trying to tackle that large of a problem with this proposal.

If you have suggestions for such a Microformat feel free to suggest
them.  (However, I'm not involved in the pornographic industry, so I
wouldn't be able to put it into use.  If we do move forward with such
a Microformat we may want to get developers involved in that industry
involved in that discussion.)

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.