[uf-discuss] Places for best practices discussion

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Oct 28 13:35:15 PDT 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 8:27 AM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> Everybody,
>
> Can anybody recommend a good place to discuss best practices for
> semantic HTML use? For instance, I am working on some
> markup-generating code, and it would be nice to bounce implementation
> thoughts/concepts off of smart people.
>
> This is definitely the "smart people" list, but such discussion would
> probably be off-topic. Any suggestions?

Actually, this list is an acceptable place for this. Here's why:

You'll probably notice in our http://microformats.org/wiki/process
that we advocate developing microformats only when semantic xhtml
constructs and compounds fail to capture the semantics. So, the
process of developing any microformat necessitates discussing
semantic xhtml.

Also, IMHO, microformats are an outgrowth of the movement towards
semantic xhtml usage on the web. So, discussion of microformats just
doesn't make sense outside of the context of semantic xhtml.

So, feel free to ask questions about semantic xhtml, because those
questions need to be asked before we can talk about microformats.

-ryan

PS- I've also got a series of blog posts lined up to cover general
semantic xhtml stuff, [http://www.microformats.org/blog/2005/10/19/
more-than-styling/] being the first of this series.
--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com