[microformats-discuss] Re: playlist microformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Sep 3 08:12:44 PDT 2005

On 9/2/05 2:03 PM, "Lucas Gonze" <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/05, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:
>> XMDP profile for HTML playlists, derived from XSPF:
>>  http://gonze.com/microformats/xspfxmdp.html
>>
>>  "hPlaylist"
>
> I have done a bunch of updates on that document to make it correct
> XMDP and, hopefully, a useful spec.  Any ideas on where to take it
> next are welcome.

Lucas,

This is a wonderful simplification / easily readable description of XSPF.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the XMDP/microformat equivalent of
XSPF.  I think this will be very useful for discussions.

It might be interesting to add the XSPF field names to in a column in these
tables (which perhaps need to be harmonized into one "media metadata
comparison" table, rather than one specific for podcasts, and one specific
for video):

http://microformats.org/wiki/media-metadata-examples#Comparison_Table

http://microformats.org/wiki/video-metadata-model#Compatibility_Table

I know that Lucas, Lisa, Ernie, and Kevin Marks certainly have strong
interests in working on a common vocabulary to describe info about arbitrary
media (music, video, etc.) -- who else is interested in working on this?

I'd like to see if we can get some critical mass together to start writing
the necessary research documents:

 * media-info-examples
  - actual examples of media info published on the web today)
 * media-info-formats
  - harmonization/unification of the format listings, analyses and
comparison tables from media-metadata-examples and video-metadata-model)
 * media-info-brainstorming
  - an attempt at documenting the 80/20 of the implicit schema in actual use
on the web today, and some straw proposals for representation (e.g. Lucas'
hPlaylist proposal)

Who's in?

Tantek