[microformats-discuss] Re: playlist microformat

Joshua Kinberg jkinberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:59:17 PDT 2005

> Do you think XSPF is a fait acompli?
>
> Do you think that Yahoo will give up on Media RSS and go 100% with XSPF and
> the concepts therein?
>
> Do you think Apple will give up on the iTunes podcast RSS extension and go
> 100% with XSPF and the concepts therein?

Media RSS and iTunes RSS extensions are not playlist formats.
In fact, Yahoo! does use XSPF as their playlist format within Yahoo!
Music Engine.
I believe iTunes uses some kind of pList XML format to store playlist info.

I know Lucas and XSPF group have done a lot of research in this particular area.

Here's a very in depth comparison of playlist formats:
http://gonze.com/playlists/playlist-format-survey.html