[microformats-discuss] comments please: draft-sayre-atompub-xhtml-micro-00

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Sep 7 02:53:56 PDT 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 8:02 AM, Robert Sayre wrote:

> On 9/5/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>
>>> Atom Publishing Protocol [APP] client implementations require a fair
>>> amount of ancillary server-provided data in order to provide a
>>> smooth
>>> user experience.
>>>

>> And what would those be?

Problably should have been "And what would that be?" As in, what
extra data are you looking to ship around.

> Hi Ryan!
>
> I'm not sure if you were asking what clients there are or what data
> they need, because your question was so short. The links below should
> provide a little background on both.
>
> http://blog.kung-foo.tv/archives/001228.php
> http://inessential.com/?comments=1&postid=2988

These two seem to explain the problems with current blog editing APIs
(which which I'm only vaguely familiar).

So, back to your initial posting, robert- it seems you want to extend
the Atom Publishing API with an XHTML microformat. Correct?

It appears that others have extended apis to accomplish the same
tasks. Have you looked at their work to see what would be resuable
(or, at least, what you could learn from)?

-ryan