[uf-discuss] What does "draft" mean? (was: Citation IRC Meet-up Time)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 10 11:52:47 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06 11:37 AM, "Scott Reynen" <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:

> When someone looks at the hcard pages and sees no
> collection of real-world publishing of contact data nor discussion of
> the properties implied by such examples, I think it's far too easy to
> infer that microformats come from other formats more than actual
> behavior.  There's nothing on the process nor the hcard pages
> explaining this discrepancy.  I would argue that there should be an
> explanation, probably in both places.

Certainly such explanations wouldn't hurt.

Please add this to hcard-issues so we make sure it is handled.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-issues

> If design patterns don't
> follow the process, I would argue that this distinction should be
> clearly documented and explained.

We can at least begin to document how patterns pages are different.  I've
started a bit of a write-up here:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/process#Patterns

Perhaps Ryan or someone else who has worked on one of the existing patterns
can add more thoughts.  Hopefully with iteration and constant improvement
we'll get to that goal of having the "distinction be clearly documented and
explained".  For now, we will settle for some documentation is better than
none.

Thanks,

Tantek