genealogy (was Re: life, death and address books (was Re: [uf-discuss] hCard and Life Dates?))

Tantek Ç elik tantek at
Wed Apr 19 14:58:37 PDT 2006

On 4/19/06 2:29 PM, "Atamido" <paul at> wrote:

> Not that I'm proposing that hCard be used for genealogy, but if a
> genealogy format were made it would likely pull all relevant classes
> from hCard.  In fact, it would probably just be an hCard with a few
> missing/additional classes.

Your suggestion is right on.  Reframing this question as:

"How do we represent genealogy information as it is published on the Web?"

is the best way IMHO to proceed with this discussion.

Start with and let's go from