question about client-side xslt rendering (was Re: [uf-discuss] Microformats vs XML, redundancy)

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Apr 27 10:29:15 PDT 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 12:03 PM, Xiaoming Liu wrote:

> This file can be rendered in IE and Firefox, because they do xslt
> client-side rendering, so the display is correct, but when I check
> page source, it's still the raw xml file. And when writing a script
> to fetch Microformats fragments, I have to do XSLT rendering first
> to get HTML back.
>
> So I am wondering if the above scenario is a good practice

You might want to look at this site:

http://w3future.com/

I vaguely recall Sjoerd tried to run his entire site as you've
described and it lasted a few weeks before he ran into enough
problems that he now does server-side XSLT to HTML 4 unless you click
the "Try XHTML 2.0" button, which turns off the server-side XSLT.

Peace,
Scott