[uf-discuss] Adobe's XMP Platform (for media metadata)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:04:54 PDT 2006

Two links of interest:

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/labs/archives/2006/03/xmp_toolkit_40.cfm

"The Adobe Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) is a labeling technology
that allows you to embed data about a file, known as metadata, into
the file itself. With XMP, desktop applications and back-end
publishing systems gain a common method for capturing, sharing, and
leveraging this valuable metadata opening the door for more efficient
job processing, workflow automation, and rights management, among many
other possibilities."

And the second, which shows the potential power of microformats + xmp
(imagine using apps besides Macrodobe to share this data):

http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/vector/xmp.html

We've talked much about media-metadata and fotonotes... I wonder where
XMP fits into this, as it's open source... At the very least we should
do due diligence, eh?

Chris