[uf-discuss] local hAtom feed proxy & transparent Atom feeds

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Sun Aug 6 23:40:07 PDT 2006

On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Chris Casciano wrote:

> A week or two ago I posted some thoughts about using an
> hatom2atom.xsl proxy on your site along with hatom content and the
> link element to add Atom feeds to static pages or pages that
> otherwise don't have feed scripts already in a way that was
> transparent to the site's readers. Today I followed it up with some
> sample PHP code and instructions on how to set it up...

Chris, this is excellent. I just wish more hosts supported PHP5.

Yesterday at Wordcamp, I modified the default Kubrick theme for
Wordpress to support hAtom, http://www.whump.com/dropbox/
Strangelove.zip. It uses Luke Arno's proxy, with his permission, for
the feed.

However, I'd suggest people wanting to experiment with hAtom take a
look at the Sandbox theme mentioned previously.

-- whump