[uf-discuss] Joining CalConnect?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 18:25:40 PDT 2006

Yeah, I'd agree with your reasoning on the benefits Tantek... and it
is too bad that they didn't realize that.

It seems to me that, like Janrain.com is doing for OpenID, we need to
be baking microformats into the libraries and frameworks that power
tools so that publishers (I'd consider 37Signals a publisher) don't
even have to think about it.

Strategically:

* get microformats into PHP systems like Drupal, WordPress and Joomla
* bake microformats into Rails itself
* bake support into WebKit  and Gecko (both are open source)

37Signals shouldn't have to do *yet another implementation* of
microformats when Rails itself could be the carrier.

Seems to me that that's they layer of leverage that we should be operating on.

Chris