[uf-discuss] Getting started with microformats

Erica Douglass slashchick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:15:54 PDT 2006

Hi Chris,

I totally agree. Tantek and I were talking about this at Wordcamp --
how people don't really "get" microformats until they see them in
action. I marked up a sidebar calendar on my blog with the event
microformats and want to use that as one case study. I am sure there
are many others.

The problem I have, as Iam sure most of you do too, is time. I have
been asked by several people to submit my modified Wordpress plugin as
a real plugin, but I'm a weirdo perfectionist and want to get a bunch
more things working (lke URLs for each event) before I do that. The
problem is that I need to find a few hours in a day to specifically
devote to doing that, and at this point, I'm not sure where those will
come from.

I would say the first thing to do would be to collect other case
studies and get notes from those who are using them. One case study
for each microformat group would probably do quite well. Then, once
those case studies have been collected, someone needs to "rubber-band"
them together and put them up in a cohesive manner on the microformats
website. This is also something I could do if I had more time...but I
want to get my plugin done first.

What say ye?

-Erica