[uf-discuss] Chat formats again (Adium + Rails/Jabber Chat)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 18:44:44 PDT 2006

I had a conversation with the Growl/Adium/Foom guy today... primarily
about microformats in Adium

He tells me that he's working with a bunch of other IM clients (GAIM,
Adium, Kopete) to adopt an XML based chat format:

http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/XMLLogFormat

I spent a good deal of time trying to win him over about why he should
consider HTML and microformats for both chat logs and chat display,
but he wouldn't budge.

It seems to me that we need to push forward with some kind of
Campfire-esque web-based chat client that supports Jabber auth. The
only one I've found so far that's open source is Congress...

http://www.petercooper.co.uk/archives/001038.html

I'd like to find time, perhaps at a Mash Pit during BarCampEarth to
code this thing up using some kind of microformat. Anyone interested?

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Agent Provocateur, Citizen Agency &