[uf-discuss] Citation: next steps?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:03:37 PDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> This is a good summary to date and deserving of being captured on the
> citation-brainstorming page.

I agree. I think the fundmental last hump to get over is the choice
between a largely monolithic and flat BibTeX-like approach, and a more
modular and relational DC-like approach. The choice is crtiical
because it has significant implications to the flexibility of hCite.

On the nesting example, though, this would be the more typical case
(chapter in a book, rather than vice versa), and one could forego
typing:

To me typing is nice, but not critical, paricularly if the rest of the
data is sound.

Bruce