[uf-discuss] Use of icons?

digital spaghetti digitalspaghetti at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:50:46 PST 2006

Hi there,

I like these icons but I think, like what happened with the RSS icon
an dialogue needs to happen between interested parties (uf developers,
browser makers, etc) in regards to their use.

And if sites like Technorati also start using them, regular users will
become more familiar with these icons and their use.

In regards to useage, if I link to you on my site as an hCard, should
I create a class selector that adds a hCard image to the link similar
to an external link graphic)?  If I have an hCalendar, should I add a
graphic to each event, or should I add only one that creates a
hCalendar feed?  I'm on my blackberry at the moment so I don't remeber
but is their an icon for a single hCalendar event and an icon for a
hCalendar feed?  Then maybe I can use both in the above example.

On my own site I currently use the hAtom one
(http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk - allthough the XSLT is not working at
the moment, an issue with headers and the JS script I am using).

I'm also going to put forward my own icon for MicroID's (although not
a current 'accepted' microformat, it's one I am working with) in a
Drupal module that you can see at work on my site.

Actually, that is another issue as well.  Again I can't see the
licence at the moment (MIT?), but the current one I know does not
allow me to include these icons with my project in Drupal.  How about
making these icons dual licence with GPL?

Tane