[uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:28:40 PST 2006

S. Sriram wrote:
>> This is not a scarce resource, people can
>> (and are) naming classes as they choose.
>> Any constraint happens at the parsing stage,
>> since microformat-aware parsers look for
>> specific class names etc. (see below)

If it is not a scarce resource, please tell me what would happen if I
decided to start marking up documents, as an example, using the class
"directory" and "license", for purposes other than rel-directory and
re-license?  How could my markup and those Microformats co-exist in the same
HTML document?

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/