[uf-discuss] Mars & Moon news stories

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 02:05:49 PST 2006

On 07/12/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> Both Mars and the Moon have been in the news this week:
>
>   *  water on mars:
>
>         <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6214834.stm>
>
>         <http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/newsroom/20061206b.html>
>
>   *  Mars landers photographed:
>
>         <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6211870.stm>
>
>         <http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/mro/newsroom/pressreleases/20061204a.html>
>
>         <http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/PSP/PSP_001521_2025/>
>                 "The complete image is centered at 22.3 degrees
>                 latitude, 312.1 degrees East longitude."
>
>   *  Moon base proposed:
>
>         <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6210154.stm>
>         <http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2006/dec/HQ_06361_ESMD_Lunar_Architecture.html>
>
> and in each case specific locations are referred to.
>
> Where are we, with the 'Mars':
>
>         <http://microformats.org/wiki/mars>
>
> and 'Luna':
>
>         <http://microformats.org/wiki/luna>
>
> proposals?

The plans for the Lunar base are certainly exciting.  Discussing
specific areas of the moon will become much more common place over the
next decade, I'm sure!  How sci-fi. (I'm genuinely interested in this,
btw, this isn't sarcasm on any level.)

Re: status of proposals - back atch'ya!  You appear to be the major
contributor to both of these proposals, so where are you with them?
What specific problems are causing hold-ups, if any?

Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com