[uf-discuss] More reverts on the 'wiki'

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Tue Dec 12 14:48:47 PST 2006

Hi Andy,

On Dec 12, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Are the "community" happy for extra restrictions to be added to the
> 'wiki' in this unilateral way? Or is the "community's" ownership of
> work
> on microformats and its 'wiki' a myth?

Speaking for myself, I am grateful for Tantek's leadership (as well
as that of Ryan and Kevin).  I don't always agree with his decisions,
but having run various mailing lists myself over the years I know how
difficult the task is, and so far I haven't really seen anything I
consider completely inappropriate -- including the examples you cite.

I'm able to do what I need to do, and I've learned to live within the
boundaries that Tantek and the others have established.  If I ever
want to do something beyond those boundaries, I think it only fair
that I do the hard work of creating my *own* community.

-- Ernie P.